Home Forums Growing Spirulina Feeding schedule

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Miyaruman 6 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

Miyaruman
    Participant

Hello world!

So I’ve been reading various forums and websites and I have been trying to understand two things:
    (1) How often do you feed nutrients to the spirulina?

Some background info: I’ve had a culture now for 3 weeks and just went on to double it from 1L to 2L by removing 250mL from the original batch and created a new nutrient medium of 750mL. The original batch I replenished it with 250mL of dechlorinated water and added the proportion of nutrient mix that you would find diluted in 250mL of a 1L Happy Spirulina solution.
    (2) Did I do the right thing?

One last question, I run bubbler (set very low) during the day and turn it off at night. The water temperature is around 28 deg C during the day and lower it to 22 degrees C at night.
    – Is this ok or does the spirulina need no stress (no heat, no bubbling) during the night time?

Cheers,

MM

Miyaruman
    Participant

Dear All,

I have successfully placed my 1 litre culture into my tank (quite nervous) and used it to grow up to a 5L medium.

I’m looking at the color and it seems fine in my opinion, yet I’m reading that if it reaches a green-olive color it needs to be shaded. Does anyone have any input?

What should I do?

Thanks,
    MM

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.