Raw Spirulina recipe – Spirulina Flax Bread.
A new recipe to integrate spirulina in your diet a yummy Spirulina bread – easy to make and good for you! Spirulina is an amazing algae that has been around for a long time. About 3.5 billion years to be precise. And the benefits of spirulina are scientifically proven.
- Spirulina can help prevent and reverse anemia.
- Spirulina can also help to maintain you body in a more alkaline state for an optimal health!
- Spirulina also a very good ally to boost your immune system.
- Spirulina is a great anti-aging, anti-oxidant and anti-inflamatory agent.
- Nowadays, a lot of people suffer from high level of cholesterol. Here too, spirulina comes to the rescue. Read this three part post to see how you can reduce your cholesterol level naturally (part I, part II, part III).
When we recommend to eat 10 gr. of spirulina per day to enjoy all the amazing benefits of eating spirulina on a regular basis, some people find it difficult. And I agree that if you have to eat tablets, it may seem like a lot but if you incorporate spirulina in your daily diet, then 10 gr. is really not that much. This is why I recommend to add spirulina in as many dish as you can. So I came up with this spirulina flat bread recipe. It’s easy to make, only has a few ingredients and it’s sugar free, gluten free and very versatile. This recipe will give you all the omega-3 you need in addition to the anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits of spirulina. The bread will stay supple and flexible. You can use them as wrap or you can dip them in Pemus, hummus, guacamole, tapenade, etc.
My husband love when we make smaller pieces, brush them with garlic butter and toast them in the toaster oven. It’s great to snack on.
Try them and let us know how you like them!
Ingredients for the spirulina bread:
- 1 ½ cups of chopped celery
- 1 cups of flax meal (= grounded meal)
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoon salt (choose a sea salt or an pink salt)
- 3 tablespoons spirulina crunchies
- 1 ½ cups of water (use filtered water)
Instructions for the spirulina bread:
- Place the celery, the flax meal, 2 tablespoons of oregano, 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast, the water and the salt in a high speed blender.
- When smooth, spread evenly on a lined 14-inch-square dehydrator tray. Sprinkle with the spirulina, and the rest of oregano and nutritional yeast.
- Dehydrate for 5h 1t 105 ºF, then flip and dehydrate for anther 6h.
Bon appétit – enjoy your meal 🙂