Spirulina cake recipe
ga('create', 'UA-74724045-1', 'auto'); ga('send', 'pageview');
This recipe comes for one of our reader: Lechat. Thank you for sharing this super yummy recipe with us!
This Spirulina Cake recipe is full of vitamin C and further increases the β-carotene already present in Spirulina.
β-carotene and vitamin C reduce the risk of stroke.
Did you know that Spirulina and Vitamin C strengthen the immune system ?
– 1/3 cup (70 gr) sugar
– 1 egg
– 1/3 cup (70 gr) butter at room temperature
– 3/4 cup (70 gr) raising flour
– 5 tablespoon (30gr) spirulina in powder (to make spirulina powder from nibs/crunchies, just put them into a blender until you have a fine powder)
– a tiny bit of rice milk to detendre the dough
– In a bowl mix together the egg yolk and the sugar, mix until you have a whitish and homogenous mixture
– Add the butter at room temperature, then add the flour and the spirulina
– Mix vigorously
– In another bowl, beat the egg white until stiff then add carefully to the spirulina mixture with a wooden spoon (this help to trap air and create lightness. the fresher the egg, the better it will whip up!)
– Fill half of small baking paper cups (it will rise during cooking).
– Bake 20 minutes at 350°F (180 ° C) – The cakes are cooked when the tip of a knife comes out clean.
Remove from oven, let cool, and garnish with a cranberry or a Gogi berry.
If you make 15 small cakes, each will contain about 2 gr. of spirulina.
Post a comment and let me know if you liked them as much as I did!