Recipe – Spirulina Green Devil’s egg
Devil’s eggs may recall the cocktail party days from half a century ago but just serve them and see if you have any left at the end of the night… Our green version would make Dr. Seuss happy!!
For three persons
- 6 eggs
- Mayonnaise (about 2 tablespoon)
- salt, pepper, paprika
- 1 teaspoon spirulina nibs
- Optional: Garlic (1 clove)
- Boil the eggs (10 min in boiling water with one drop of white vinegar)
- Rinse them in cold water to cool them down
- Peel the eggs and cut them in half lengthwise making sure you keep the white intact
- Put the egg yolk in to a food processor.
- Add the mayo, starting with 2 spoonfuls adding more if needed.
- If you decide to use garlic, add it now.
- Blend with the the salt, pepper and spirulina nibs until you have an uniform paste.
- Scoop the yolk back into the center of the egg whites (we used a baking sleeve to have the nice stripes on the yolk)
- sprinkle lightly with paprika for extra color.