Spirulina Tapenade Recipe
I love this recipe, this is really one of my favorite! It reminds me of my vacations in the South of France. Made of olives and olive oil the tapenade is a super easy and healthy choice for a dip or a snack that kids and adults alike will love. It will also boost your level of healthy fats so just go for it!
1.Ingredients (organic if available)
– 1/2 lbs of pitted black olives
– 1 small clove of garlic, crushed
– 5 fresh basil leaves
– 1 teaspoon of himalayan salt (the original recipe call for 2 anchovies but we wanted to make a vegan version)
– 2 tablespoon of capers
– 1/2 lime juice
– 3 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of spirulina powder
– Place everything in a blender together
– Blend until you have a coarse paste (you probably will have to stop to scrape the sides of the bowl)
My favorite is to spread it on the spirulina flax bread (recipe here) and the result is simply AMAZING!
Bon appétit 🙂